Small Sample Adapter
The Small Sample Adapter (SSA), consisting of a cylindrical sample chamber and spindle, provides a defined geometry system for accurate viscosity measurements of small sample volumes in the order of 2 to 16 mL at precise shear rates. The Small Sample Adapter’s rheologically correct cylindrical geometry provides extremely accurate viscosity measurements and shear rate determinations.
The design of the SSA allows the sample chamber to be easily changed and cleaned without disturbing the set-up of the viscometer or temperature bath. This means that successive measurements can be made under identical conditions. The sample chamber fits into a flow jacket so that precise temperature control can be achieved when a Brookfield circulating temperature bath is used. Direct readout of sample temperature is provided using sample chambers with embedded RTD temperature sensors connected to the DV1 (w/temperature option), DV2T, or the DV3T Ultra. Working temperature range for the SSA is from 1°C to 100°C.
- For rheological evaluation of materials where sample volume is limited
- Sample chamber easily changed
- Optional disposable chamber also available
- Water jacket allows rapid and precise temperature control of sample
- Simultaneous sample temperature measurement is possible by ordering embedded temperature probe in sample chamber