Oil/Water Separator & Sump Alarm
Reliable interface monitoring of oil/water separators, sump pits and containments for pump control and alarm. The sensing probe continuously monitors for the oil/water interface in a water filled sump or separator. It is typically used to control pumps, operate valves, or activate alarms.
The 2852-OWS sensing probe monitors the capacitance field around the active probe tip. As the volume of separated oil increases in the separator or is drawn down toward the probe tip, the probe capacitance changes. This change is used to activate the relay for alarm interface and control.
- No moving parts
- Remote electronics via standard twisted pair
- Explosion proof probe is standard
- Probe is available with Intrinsically Safe option for alternative HazLoc protection
- High corrosion resistant Teflon and stainless steel wetted parts
- Capacitance technology responds to all oil types
- HF capacitance technology does not foul or require routine cleaning
- Easy calibration and control set-up
- Remote monitor mounts away from the process for operator safety and ease of control wiring