The UltraScan VIS color measurement spectrophotometer measures opaque, transparent, and translucent solids and liquids in the complete CIE recommended spectral range of 360 – 780 nm. It can be used in production and in the laboratory for inspecting raw materials, evaluating finished product or developing methods for color analysis.
Excellent precision on opaque, transparent, translucent, and even dark and highly saturated samples.
The UltraScan VIS easily measures both reflected and transmitted color as well as transmission haze and meets CIE, ASTM and USP guidelines for accurate color measurement. UltraScan VIS uses diffuse/8° geometry with automated specular component inclusion/exclusion. For transmission measurement, the use of a robust CIE-conforming sphere instrument (TTRAN Total Transmission mode) effectively negates the effects of minor scattering typically found in transparent samples.
Because of its exceptional inter-instrument agreement and long-term stability, you can be confident that differences between measurements are due to product color changes, not instrument variability. Materials on the borderline of accepted tolerances will not be unnecessarily rejected.
- Measures reflectance, transmittance and haze
- Wavelength range 360 nm – 780 nm
- 10 nm optical resolution and reporting interval
- Two reflectance measurement areas
- Exceptional inter-instrument agreement
- Automated UV calibration and control
- Large transmission compartment open on three sides
- Includes EasyMatch QC software