The NEW, Enhanced Brookfield UL Adapter is used with any standard Brookfield Viscometer and Rheometer to make accurate and reproducible measurements on low viscosity materials. Newtonian and non-Newtonian materials can be measured. It is most commonly used with the LV series instrument (at 60 rpm, these models have a full scale range of 1-10 cP with the UL Adapter).
The UL Adapter consists of a precision cylindrical spindle rotating inside an accurately machined tube. Its rheologically correct cylindrical geometry provides extremely accurate viscosity measurements and shear rate determinations. The tube has a removable end cap which allows the open ended tube to be used in a beaker or tank. With the cap in place, the closed tube can be immersed in a temperature bath or used with the ULA-40Y water jacket for precise temperature control. Working temperature range is from -15 °C to 100 °C.
- Ideal for low viscosity materials
- Stainless steel parts are easily cleaned
- Removable cap of low density polyethylene can be considered disposable for one-time use if required
- Reduces measuring range to as low as 1 cP, depending on viscometer used
- Small sample size: 16 mL
- Simple attachment to a standard Brookfield Viscometer or DV-III Ultra Rheometer
- Cylindrical geometry provides defined shear rates for detailed product analysis