Repair and Calibration
Can-Am has been providing instrumentation service solutions to our customers since 1972. Our technicians are factory trained and they provide the best possible service to ensure your instrumentation is in full working order and in calibration.
To minimize downtime, Can-Am wants to assist you in effectively and efficiently managing your equipment utilization. Just call us or email our office to arrange service or calibration of your equipment. In addition to our standard service, we offer the following services to assist you with a fast return of your equipment – 48 hour rush service, loaner equipment service or on-site service.
Calibration & Certification
The manufacturers typically recommend a Calibration & Certification service for your laboratory instruments on a yearly basis to ensure optimum operating conditions. Our company can perform this service on site at your facility or you can return your instrument to our Repair Department. As an ISO9001 Certified company, Can-Am Instruments will issue Certificates of Calibration NIST traceable, where applicable.
While you do not need a Return of Materials Authorization (RMA) from us when sending your instrumentation for service or calibration, we encourage you to contact us prior to sending the equipment to confirm the rates and turnaround time – pricing for calibration and certification services may vary depending on the instrument.
Use one of these forms to send along with the instrument:
- Brookfield Instruments / Brookfield Pricing
- HunterLab Instruments /HunterLab Pricing
- HACH Instruments
- Other Instruments
On Site IQ/OQ/PQ Validation
Can-Am Instruments performs on-site IQ/OQ/PQ equipment validation for some of our instrumentation. Upon hiring us, we will provide you with a comprehensive IQ/OQ/PQ Validation Procedure prior to the site visit, for you to approve. Any questions will be answered by our qualified Brookfield Factory Trained Service Technicians. Please contact us for rates and/or to arrange for this service.
Can-Am Instruments offers the service of sample testing for the following areas of product analysis – viscosity, product texture, powder flow, and colour measurement.
We perform two types of testing:
- Paid testing, when the sample is tested according to your procedure, or your test parameters specification; typically the charge is based on an hourly rate. A test report will be issued. Please contact us for an estimate.
- Sample testing for instrument recommendation. This is a free test of 2-3 samples to evaluate the best equipment configuration. We strongly recommend this option for our high end equipment (Brookfield Rheometers; HunterLab colour measurement).
Set-up and Start-up Assistance
Installation, set-up and Commissioning Services
Can-Am provides the following set-up and commissioning services:
- Installation, inspection, on site testing, field calibration and commissioning of instrumentation
- Field assistance during start-up
- Assistance with documentation, test procedures and general commissioning documentation
- On Site IQ/OQ/PQ Validation
Our company offers one-day training sessions in these fields:
- Brookfield Viscosity measurement; our most popular one-day course has a strong practical component. Please follow this link for a course outline and pricing Brookfield Practical Course
- Brookfield Texture Analysis – theory, texture parameters, case studies
- HunterLab Colour Measurement – the science behind colour, instrument selection, understanding colour standards
- Hach Effluent Flow measurement techniques and Water Sampling: equipment setup, options available, remote flow monitoring, and more
All training sessions will be customized to suit your equipment and audience. We can travel to your site, or invite you at our Oakville head office for the training sessions. Please contact us to book your session.